Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Tata Docomo Broadband - The worst thing you can get

Tata Docomo Broadband Review

After 10 years with BSNL I had decided to look for other broadband ISP. BSNL never had problems about customers service or the broadband speed. Their problem was in their phone network which is not well set. Whenever it rained the connection went down till the rains sobered down a bit. Not to mention their lines getting cut usually due to corporation work. So I went for Tata Docomo as suggested by some.

Tata seemed to give a bit costly plan of 1740 for 2 MBPS unlimited data. Considering the recommendations I decided to go for it. I was ok if I was getting a stable connection. To my horror , this is one of the worst connections I have had in my life.

I have an average downtime of 5 days in a month, which has gone upto average downtime of 2 days a week many times. The technicians of this company are good but they are overloaded with the number of calls they attend and the area they cover. Tata needs a team with more people to handle these issues. The SMPS of their connectivity boxes at places get busted with little lightnings n' stuff. The last time 150 SMPS in Pune we gone bonkers. The battery backup they provide for these are also like 10 mins.. and they keep saying that they will upgrade soon.

There is no clear communication in between the technician on the floor and the customer service. Both tend to give different reasons. And here comes the best.....

When you lodge a complain for a refund in the amount for the downtime, though customer seervice during the downtime acknowledges the total amount of hours the connection was down, the customer service that deals with the refunds give a different picture. There is no co-relation to their claims. Its not due to the inability or less knowledge of their team but simply because this company is not organised well.Considering the downtime they have given, till date they have given me only one refund of 4 days around a year ago which would be like 1% of total downtime till now.

This company sucks. Don't go for it. You can prefer something like BSNL and keep a JIO phone handy as a backup. Unfortunately my area isn't feasible for any service providers 4G so I dont have this option, but then I am taking BSNL as backup.

No comments: